Follow these steps to create a highly optimized Google Places listing. This may seem technical to many of you, that’s because it is. By following the step below, the process is much simpler:
- Take 8 photos of your business or find them online and save them on your computer.
- Make a video with your photos at Animoto.com and upload to YouTube.
- Pick 5 services that you offer – these will be your keywords.
- Rename your pictures with your keyword + city (ex: Arizona Marketing Company).
- Determine what your NAP is (name, address and phone number) and use this consistently in everything you do from here on out. (ex: Search Control, 8930 E. Raintree Road Suite 300, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, 1-800-399-2001)
- Add your business details to Google Places with a website address, hours, service area, payment type accepted and additional services.
- Add 5 categories. These are your 5 services you offer. One category must be a Google approved category. The rest can be keywords. I do not recommend putting the city in the categories section.
- In the description, use an easy-to-read summary of your business with light use of keywords. Never mention keywords more than once in a description. Also use the name of your city in the description
- Upload 8 photos.
- Go to Panaramio.com and try to find 2 photos that have your city name in the title. Then upload them to your listing. These photos are typically geotagged.
- Add the YouTube video.
- Submit and verify your listing.
- Add 2 or 3 coupons to your listing.
- Now go back and share an update within your listing. Use keywords in your post.
- Get at least 5 people to post real reviews to your listing
If you need help optimizing your business on Google Places, our team is here to answer your questions and to help get you started.