Search Control works with small businesses to help them with their online presence, which includes helping with public relations. Public Relations are changing with the heightened attention for companies to create online marketing campaigns. Major magazines and newspapers are starting to only share news online, because so many people are searching the Internet for news and information on anything and everything. People are even reading books digitally these days, so with that said it is important to understand how to create an effective public relations plan for your business. Today we would like to share a few key principles for public relations in the new digital age.
6 Key Principles For Public Relations Today
1. In order to grab the attention of journalists today you need to stand out from the rest of the many people pitching stories. Find a way to make your story, product or service stand out with an unforgettable story that people actually will want to read.
2. When it comes to your business you need to get really creative by telling your story or writing content about your products in many different ways.
3. Before pitching a story to a reporter or journalist, conduct some research on their writing style or read their blog. In order to get people to write about your product or service, you need to understand what interests them journalistically and make sure you are pitching to the appropriate person.
4. Build relationships with the journalists you pitch stories to by getting to know them. There is nothing wrong with taking someone out to lunch to pitch a story or share your product or service with, but make sure you spend time getting to know him or her before expecting him or her to write a positive review.
5. When writing a press release or pitching a story about your product or service to a newspaper make sure to keep things simple. People need to be able to understand exactly what your product or service is all about without having to read an entire manual, so keep your writing to a minimum and use vocabulary that anyone could understand.
6. Seek out influential people to share information or write about your product or service. These days not only does the media hold value, but there is a large amount of bloggers that hold a great deal of power online. Pitching to the write people can have a major influence on getting your message out to the online world.
Public Relations Today
In the past public relations was pretty cut and dry, you write a press release and hope that the local news or newspaper decide to write a story on your business, product or service. Nowadays with the world turning to news online and the numerous amounts of blogs and social media outlets, you can now find a lot more people to pitch your story to. If you follow these essential rules more public relations you can help your business create a brand that people can read about online.